Instruction for authur
The Sarakham Journal is the journal aim to distributescholarly works and research valuable to the development of academic knowledge in Humanities and Social Sciences field. The scope of the journal are as follows: humanities and social sciences study, Arts, Education, Music, Architecture, Language, and Literature. All article will be reviewed by professional reviewers from both outside and inside Mahasarakham University in order to meet the international standard with approximately 120 articles are published each year.
Manuscript Preparation (Research Article)
1. Language : Manuscript can be either Thai or English. Transliteration can be used accoding to Royal Institute Thailand. Avoid using English in Thai text if not necessary. English vocabulary that in Thai use should be lowercase except for specific name.
2. Manuscript : Manuscript should be typed in MS word, A4 (216x279 mm), minimum distance is 40 mm (1.5 inch) From the top and left edge of paper. font for the manuscript is browallia new 12 pt.
3. Length : The number of academic article and research article is limited to 12 pages.
4. Submission : Manuscript can be submitted online via https://so03.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/humsujournal/index
5. Manuscript content :
5.1 Research article
5.1.1 title should concise and convey the main goal of the study without any abbreviations. The length should not longer than 100 characters. If the manuscrip is Thai, it should include English title.
5.1.2 Author's name and address should include English. Affiliation should include departments, academic position, institution address, and authors' e-mail
5.1.3 Abstract : It should be easy to read. the content include objectives, review, and result. An abstract are limited to 250 words.
5.1.4 Keywords should be specify under the abstracy part
5.1.5 Introduction include background of the study and objectives. It should provide academic information related to the research.
5.1.6 Methodology : author should specify material and method, instruments, population, samples, statistics, data collection, and analysis instrument.
5.1.7 Result should be clear. It should not indicate too much numbers. Author should use good title and description. Charts and diagrams should not be over than 5 charts/diagram. Result analysis chould be clear and related to hypothesis.
5.1.8 Discussion and conclusion include consistent or inconsistent between objectives and result of the research. Are there any reasons relate to the result. Finally, author should leave the research question and further study at this point.
5.1.9 Table , diagram, figure should be used only where it is needed. Description of a table should be at the top of the table, but in case of figure and diagram, the description in under the figure and diagram.
5.1.10 Acknowledgement is a brief information about supporting fund and supportimg organization
5.1.11 References should be follow the American Psychological Association (APA) format
Manuscript Preparation (Academic Article)
1. title should concise and convey the main goal of the study without any abbreviations. The length should not longer than 100 characters. If the manuscrip is Thai, it should include English title.
2. Author's name and address should include English. Affiliation should include departments, academic position, institution address, and authors' e-mail
3. Abstract : It should be easy to read. the content include objectives, review, and result. An abstract are limited to 250 words.
4. Keywords should be specify under the abstracy part
5. Introduction include background of an academic article, related objective, and objective of the article.
9. In text citation
Manuscript Preparation (A book review)
1. Citation information / indexing information
2. reviewer's name
4. References should be follow the American Psychological Association (APA) format following to https://apastyle.apa.org/
1. initially, all submissions are considered by the editor.
2. The editor conforms that the paper matches the instructions given on the “Author Guidelines” page.
3. The editor checks that the authors have submitted everything that is needed for the review of the submission, including the cover letter specifically stating that the work is unpublished and not being considered for publication elsewhere.
4. The editor will determine if the manuscript is within the scope of the journal. If the manuscript is out of scope, than it will be returned to the authors.
The journal will assign at least two reviewers (Double-Blinded) If the manuscript is within the scope of the journal, then it will be sent to reviewers who will determine if it is suitable for publication in the journal. Any manuscripts that are not appropriate will be returned to the authors. The manuscript’s quality will be considered by the reviewers, and those that are of a quality that is not suitable will be returned to the authors. Any editorial suggestions that the reviewers have will be added to the manuscript document electronically in such a way that they can be distinguished from the original. The reviewers will then return the manuscript with comments and an evaluation to the editor.
The editor will compile the comments and recommendations from the reviewers to form a decision on publication. The decision will be sent to the authors usually within 8-12 weeks of the manuscript being submitted.
When notifying the authors of the journal’s decision, the editor will classify the manuscript into one of the following areas:
Manuscript is not suitable for the journal. An email is sent to the authors stating the decision and ending the review process.
Manuscript’s quality is not suitable for the journal. An email is sent to the authors stating the decision and ending the review process.
Manuscript is suitable but significant changes are required. An email is sent to the authors stating the decision and listing the changes needed to make the manuscript suitable for publication.
Manuscript is suitable but minor changes are required. An email is sent to the authors stating the decision and listing the changes needed to make the manuscript suitable for publication.
Manuscript is suitable for publication with no changes. An email is sent to the authors stating the decision.
It should be noted that otherwise suitable manuscripts can be rejected due to space limitations and publication deadlines. Authors should ensure that there is a suitable amount of time for the review process to be completed when submitting a manuscript. Authors should be aware that requests for revisions do not indicate acceptance, and that if revisions are not performed satisfactorily the manuscript can still be rejected.
The editor’s decision is final. However, if an Author can document good reasons why a decision was wrong there is a process to contest the decision. If this is the situation, the authors should contact the editor stating their case.